Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Indexing names for Family History

https://fh.familysearch.org/system/files/team/ait/Indexing/WorldwideIndexingBadge_English.png

I am an Indexer. I really want to do more family history but I haven't gotten deep into actually searching my own family history and finding family members who haven't already been recorded. Instead of that in-depth research, I am doing indexing to contribute to Family History work. I've been indexing obituaries from Texas lately and it's been very interesting. I highly recommend starting with indexing if you are wanting to do something worthwhile, you have a computer, and you want to feel warm and fuzzy inside while giving service. I felt even warmer and fuzzier inside than usual as I indexed as part of this "Indexing Blitz" on July 20 & 21. I am now some small part of history...family history is now part of my history.

"FamilySearch Volunteers set Historic Record"
https://familysearch.org/blog/en/familysearch-volunteers-set-historic-record/

No comments: