Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Post #1

Hello Family and Friends

We apologize for the long overdue of putting up a blog and for the title of this post. I gotta (pardon my slang) start somewhere though. Crissi and I have been very busy, but I promise that on rainy days we will be blogging to keep you updated as to our lives.

My current status is full time student and part time banker-wannabe. For those who may not know, I work at Utah Community Credit Union in the basement where I'm not allowed to see customers...or the outside world for that matter. They tell me when I pass level 5 certification I'll be ready to greet customers at the door (e.g. much like a Walmart greeter or a Relief Society greeter), I am working hard towards that goal, 28 hours a week.

Crissi is busy working full-time at MozyPro. She too is confined to what she terms a "cubby" and is looking forward to the day about a month from now when she will graduate from a 5 foot cubby to an 8 foot cubby. She may even be in the sight of a window, for which she is very excited. Seriously though, she loves her job. Although I can't figure out why she works more now that she's on salary than before when she was paid hourly (which included sweet overtime pay), it's the curse of the "real world" I suppose. She would like to pass on her wealth and knowledge which consists of this "backup your computer, or you'll regret it." And for this she recommends none less than Mozy of course. Mostly because you can do it for free, or for very cheap. Go to www.mozy.com to get 2 GB for free (or call her and she'll hook you up like she did for her Mom...of course she has to like you as much as she does her Mom or else you must offer her something great like your first born child [hint, hint, Ryan and Shanna] or some cookies or something). Yes, I am going to school and have taken MCOM 320 so no comments about my run on sentences and incorrect usage of punctuation. I am innovator, not a copycat. :)

So until next time, I hope you enjoy this somewhat long and boring post. Perhaps I will take up a new hobby just so I can tell you about it. Maybe professional bowling...

5 comments:

Becca said...

haha, oh Dave, you are one funny cookie. I'm so happy to see a post on your blog! You'll love the blogging world, you just have to embrace it. Good luck working so hard! I might have to look into getting a back up on my computer in case it dies on my again!

Brad and Debbie Farnsworth said...

Yeah, David and Crissi.......I love how you write how you talk. I love it. Thanks for the update. Now it's my turn, I guess. And who knows? You've always been a great bowler!

aunt nancy said...

I'm so proud of you! I still have'nt figured the blog thing out, but I read everybody elses blogs real good. I need a child to come and help me out with this thing called technology.

Slim said...

I didn't know my cousin was so funny. Found you from your parents blog! Isn't the internet cool? You can find long-lost cousins and catch up! Glad you started a blog finally. You barely beat Aunt Nancy to it! :)

Surf Paparazzi said...

Dave! I love your writing style! :) I had no idea you guys had a blog so I am catching up - I havent written a post in a long time so I finally did so it is your turn now!